Post Date: 2017-07-17
Head, Crew Resources Management
Role and Responsibilities:
- Manage the entire Crew Resources Management Section;
- Manage and maintain the crew resources management system, manual and procedures, ensure to meet the requirement of authorities and company policy, and to be effective and executive;
- Ensure the productivity of the cabin and cockpit crew meet company requirement;
- Monitor the daily duty hours of cabin and cockpit crew and ensure to meet the requirement of regulations;
- Establish the crew resources management strategy meeting the airline growing needs;
- Ensure the rostering and crew resources management IT system meet the normal operation requirement and all reasonable function fully been used. And evaluate the long term developing proposal of related system;
- Develop and manage quality assurance and safety management programmes and awareness within the Crew Resources Management. And executive regularly auditing and reviewing or investigation;
- Assist in formulation of departmental policies for:
- Recruitment, training and utilization of flight and cabin crew.
- Recruitment training and development of crew operations personnel
- Organizational development and manpower planning.
- Administering the Approved Flight Time Limitation Scheme and the crew qualification meeting the local statutory requirement;
- Attend meetings relating to crew resources management;
- Coordinate the preparation of manpower budgets and assist in the control of expenditure;
- Assist in maintaining relations with appropriate government bodies, ICAO, IATA, other airlines, crewing system service providers;
- Other works or projects assigned by company.
- Bachelor Degree or above;
- Minimum 10 years in an airline operational role with at least 3 years in a managerial position (LCC preferred);
- Highly experienced in rostering and crewing;
- Experienced in working with multi-national team;
- Experienced in implementing and maintaining crew rostering systems;
- Good command of spoken and written English, Chinese language is a plus;
- Membership in transport related discipline would be an advantage.
- The ideal candidate will have demonstrated a successful track record in an airline operations management role;
- He/she will have delivered against challenging growth targets in an expanding, dynamic environment;
- High energy, results driven and strong at organising fast-moving day to day operations;
- Highly motivated by success, but a team player with strong people skills;
- Excellent communication skills with experience of working with people at all levels;
- IT literate.
Applications close: 31 Aug 2017 China Standard Time
||Hong Kong Express Airways Limited
||Administration and Human Resources : Human Resources, Training and Development
Management : Senior management
Transportation / Logistics : Transport
||Morning and Evening
||Monday to Friday
||Degree or Above