Location: Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of China
Department: Corporate Affairs
Report to: Assistant Manager Corporate Affairs
This position will be responsible to protect and promote the brand reputation of the Cathay Pacific group and to ensure communication materials are aligned with corporate affairs strategy and execution.
- Lead English copywriter and editor for corporate affairs communication materials, including interim/ annual reports, op-eds, positioning papers, press releases, LTTs, official letters and management speeches at external events, etc
- Work with Corporate Affairs Managers closely to ensure content accuracy and brand alignment to fit the purpose and audience
- Work with Corporate Affairs team colleagues for media enquiry handling and media relationship building
- Liaise with and support Business Units, outports and subsidiaries for brand reputation protection and promotion
- Represent Corporate Affairs at inter-departmental meetings and develop key messaging and communication plans pertaining to issues affecting the company
- Responsible for the overhaul and development of the company’s Emergency and Accident (E&A) communication manual, working in harness with external agencies
- As the English writer in the team, also responsible to manage and coach the junior members on the art of English writing whenever appropriate
- Management of English freelancer(s) used if any
Qualifications / Experience
- Exceptional English copywriting and editing skills and expertise.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines, ensuring speed to market whilst maintaining quality of work.
- Capable of working outside of office hours in response to urgent corporate affairs matters.
- Capable of working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Discreet individual, who can be trusted with confidential materials.
- Naturally aligned with Cathay Pacific's style.
Application Deadline: 10 March 2019
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.
||Cathay Pacific Airways 國泰航空