Department: Global Business Services
Job Level: D
Reports to: Head of GBS
This role is accountable for the establishment of Global Payroll function in Hong Kong by centralising and integrating payroll activities currently performed across several regions. The jobholder will participate and assist in the standardisation of the payroll functions across the regions and coordinate the establishment of this function with the Service Delivery Department and the Head of GBS.
- Provide oversight of the administration of payroll systems and any new system development.
- Oversee payroll configuration, security set-ups, testing and monitoring of payroll systems.
- Responsible for the accuracy of the payroll information and the integrity and validity of payroll data.
- Supervise, maintain and enforce the provision of accurate and timely payroll services and activities, which may involve overseeing the processing of payroll documents, maintenance of employee records, reports and forms, payroll reconciliations, preparing calculations, issuing and distributing pay slips, administrating of leave balances etc., to ensure and maintain delivery of quality payroll and customer services.
- Coordinate and maintain payroll processes, which may include overseeing simple payroll configuration, security set-ups, testing and monitoring of payroll system to facilitate operations within the Payroll area.
- Accountable for governance, controls and policy compliance in respect of all Payroll activities performed by GBS.
- Maintain and monitor the data integrity, workflow administration and security of payroll activities and records to maintain privacy information and adhere to legislative and organisational policies and requirements.
- Oversee preparation and review payroll reports and related information prepared for management.
- Accountable for continuous improvement in the Payroll function.
- Liaise with the Head of GBS to drive process improvements in the Payroll function.
- Manage the performance and development of direct reports, coaching, mentoring and building the skill sets required to ensure that staff are adequately resourced to perform.
- Liaise with payroll, People, Legal and FIN Accounting team to resolve discrepancies and issues for the purpose of ensuring accuracy of records and employee payments.
- Leading by example, promote and foster a performance culture to drive accountability and core values.
- Positive management of internal stakeholder groups.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Human Resources, Business or Commerce with a major or sub major in Finance and/or Accounting, which may include CA and/or CPA Qualifications (or equivalent skills and knowledge), combined with fundamental subject matter knowledge and people management skills.
- As a minimum of 10 years post tertiary experience with at least 3-5 years management experience (or equivalent level of skill obtained through on the job training/ experience).
- Demonstrated expertise in the leadership of large transactional teams or similar functions in a large and diverse multinational organisation is essential.
- Experience in payroll operations and/or knowledge of Employment Law, Human Resources best practices, payroll processing, and contribution and submissions.
- Experience with PeopleSoft or similar payroll systems and software.
- Technical financial skills as required.
- Setting Direction
- Leading and Engaging Teams
- Driving Business Performance and Change
- Developing and Recognising Others
Application Deadline: 8 March 2019
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.
||Cathay Pacific Airways 國泰航空