Shopee is the leading e-commerce platform in Southeast Asia and Taiwan.
Launched in 2015, it is a platform tailored for the region, providing customers with an easy, secure and fast online shopping experience through strong payment and fulfillment support.
We believe online shopping should be accessible, easy and enjoyable. This is the vision Shopee aspires to deliver on the platform, every single day.
We believe in the transformative power of technology and want to change the world for the better by providing a platform to connect buyers and sellers within one community.
To Internet users across the region, Shopee offers a one-stop online shopping experience that provides a wide selection of products, a social community for exploration, and seamless fulfilment services.
To define who we are - how we talk, behave or react to any given situation - in essence, we are Simple, Happy and Together. These key attributes are visible at every step of the Shopee journey.
Level: Entry Level
The Data team at Shopee consists of the Business Intelligence and Data Science teams. The Business Intelligence team plays a critical role in building Shopee's data platforms and conducting business-related analysis to solve business-related issues. The Data Science team prides itself in using scientific methods and hacking skills to power key business processes and elevate the business model based on a deep understanding of Shopee's business strategy. This includes machine learning, computer vision, natural language processing, and rules-based models.
- Developing reports, dashboards, analysis and some automations (will be generally with SQL, PYTHON, EXCEL, in-House tools)
- Assisting the various business units (generally in BD, Commercial and Makreting) as a discussion partner to plan, strategize, and grow Shopee's business by enabling data-driven decision-making
- Serving as in-consultant who simplifies complex terminologies into more understandable insights to our internal clients
- Producing actionable insights that will be used to support or devise new strategies
- Fresh Graduate master's or bachelor degree in quantitative fields or a relevant field (e.g. Computer Sci) of study or up to 2 years experience
- Experience working with one or more language for querying (e.g. SQL, PYTHON) >> Excel is a plus
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders across various divisions
- Ability to make inferences from data and devise appropriate course of actions
- Time managment to deliver deadlines
- Satifactory understanding in English
- Comfortable working with large data sets and numbers
- Self-starter with can-do attitude
- Annual Leave (18 days) + medical leave (14 days)
- Medical benefits & Insurance
- Training subsidies for online courses and external training; Language courses.
- Staff meals (Monday to Friday, free dinner and breakfast)
- Massage services by professional in-house masseurs
- In-house wellness classes (Muay Thai, beer yoga during working hours)
- Creative workshops (cookie-painting, calligraphy, etc.)
- Well-stocked pantry
- Interest groups (set up your own and financially supported by the company)
- Quarterly Team building events
- Annual company day out
- Mentorship programme
- Annual Health Screening
How to Apply:
Interested parties please press APPLY Button
(All Personal information will be used for recruitment purpose only)
# There is no reward for this position!