Post Date: 2021-04-04
The Hong Kong Productivity Council (HKPC) is a multi-disciplinary organisation established by statute in 1967, to promote productivity excellence through integrated advanced technologies and innovative service offerings to support Hong Kong enterprises. HKPC is the champion and expert in facilitating Hong Kong's reindustrialisation empowered by i4.0 and e4.0 - focusing on R&D, IoT, big data analytics, AI and Robotic technology development, digital manufacturing, etc., to help enterprises and industries upgrade their business performance, lower operating costs, increase productivity and enhance competitiveness.
The Council is a trusted partner with comprehensive innovative solutions for Hong Kong industries and enterprises, enabling them to achieve resources and productivity utilisation, effectiveness and cost reduction, and enhanced competitiveness in both local and international marketplace. It offers SMEs and startups immediate and timely assistance in coping with the ever-changing business environment, accompanying them on their innovation and transformation journey.
Technical Supervisor, Inno Space
Technical Supervisor, Inno Space
Ref: PCA035/21, 1644
The Technical Supervisor of Inno Space is responsible for the overall operation of Inno Prototype (the Makerspace) and the development of programs and services which meet the needs of members of Inno Space and students using the equipment in the Makerspace. This position requires a strong commitment to maker learning coupled with a vision for using emerging technologies and provide making and technology-related customer service and training for the members and staff.
- Manage and supervise the daily operation and use of the equipment in Makerspace.
- Manage the training to all members, staff, interns, and guests regarding the use of the Makerspace software and equipment, including but not limited to basic certification, safety and training courses
- Build and maintain relationships with external partners and vendors.
- Provide technical support on Makerspace hardware and software.
- Perform administrative work related to the Makerspace, such as documents and maintains inventory and service records, prepare roaster for the technical officers and part time interns, purchase new consumables
- Create and maintain in-house Standard Operating Procedure documentation for commonly-used tasks
- Participate in internal management meetings, monitors equipment utilization and safety measures
- Research, develop and prototype innovative maker activities and maintain all Makerspace materials, tools and equipment including hardware and software.
- Able to work on shift.
- Willing to work in evenings and weekends occasionally.
- Bachelor Degree in mechanical/manufacturing engineering or STEM related education.
- 5 years or above working experience in the makerspace or related field with 2 years or above in supervisor role.
- Experience of installing and maintaining software and hardware, including 3D printers, laser cutting machines, lathing machines, etc.
- Strong communication skills that accommodate a diverse background of users and learners.
- Passion and knowledge about the use of technologies to support creative, engaged learning.
- Sound organizational skills and an ability to recognize and change work priorities in a timely fashion.
- An experienced trainer in the making processes.
- Good command of English, Cantonese and Putonghua.
- Applicants may be considered for other positions if not matching the requirements of the subject position.
How to Apply:Interested parties please press APPLY Button
(All Personal information will be used for recruitment purpose only)
# There is no reward for this position
||The Hong Kong Productivity Council
||Engineering : Chemical industry, Electricity / Electronics, Manufacturing / Production, Mechanical, Other
||Degree or Above