Post Date: 2021-05-04
Assistant Manager Powerplant Procurement
Reports to: Powerplant Procurement Manager
This position will be responsible for supporting the definition and implementation of procurement strategies for the Aircraft Engine & APU category and for managing the supplier relationship management process.
- Support the development and implementation of the category procurement strategy to actively manage costs and deliver value in product acquisition campaigns and maintenance/support services.
- Conduct market analysis to identify business opportunities and supply market trends which may have positive or negative impacts on the company, and develop new strategies to effectively leverage or mitigate these.
- Support sourcing processes, from market research, RFP preparation, financial analysis (business case development), negotiation, evaluation and contracting through business award.
- Develop existing and new relationships with key suppliers in the category through differentiated engagement strategies, with a focus on long term supplier relationship management.
- Support engagement with BU stakeholders, constructively challenge specifications and manage BU demand.
- Drive innovation in the category in terms of sourcing approaches to streamline and improve in-category processes.
- University Graduate. Business and/or aviation related degree with a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience;
- Strong background in Procurement and Category Management. A relevant professional qualification will be an advantage (e.g. CIPS);
- Understanding of engine maintenance from a technical and commercial perspective is preferred;
- Understanding of regulatory requirements and basic contract law;
- Strong negotiation, influencing and commercial skills;
- Strong commercial acumen and understanding of basic accounting principles;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with a proven ability to effectively develop relationships with cross-functional teams across a multi-level organisation;
- Ability to work independently and meet tight deadlines;
- Demonstrated ability to define and implement strategies;
- Demonstrated ability to build business cases (proficiency in excel and powerpoint is essential).
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.
How to Apply:Interested parties please press APPLY Button
(All Personal information will be used for recruitment purpose only)
# There is no reward for this position!
||Sales / Customer Service / Business Development : Channel / Distribution, Customer Service
||Degree or Above